Safely dispose of unwanted junk that is cluttering up your home, garage or yard. Just present a valid driver’s license or utility bill to show that you are a Lake Dallas resident (no businesses please). Construction materials are not permitted. For a full list of acceptable/unacceptable items, please see the tabs below.
Brush and Bulk
Below are a list of acceptable/unacceptable brush and bulk items that will/will not be collected during this event.
- Household waste
- Refrigerators, air conditioners and freezers, with their Freon removed by a certified HVAC technician and tagged
- Tree limbs, brush, yard clippings, and bagged leaves
- Washers, dryers, stoves, cook tops, and microwaves
- Animal carcasses
- Construction materials
- Non-bagged leaves
Household Hazardous Waste
Below are a list of acceptable and unacceptable household hazardous waste items that will/will not be collected during this event.
- Car Phones
- Handheld computers
- Batteries minus the equipment (example toys, drills)
- Sharps in a medical puncture proof container
- Propane, helium and freon cylinders
- Oil filters
- Automotive fluids
- Auto fuels, diesel
- Flammable paint
- Latex paint
- Mineral spirits
- Paint thinners
- Mercury equipment
- Fluorescent light bulbs
- Yard chemicals (pesticides / herbicides)
- House cleaners
- Caustic cleaners / drain opener
- Chemicals from businesses
- Ewaste from business, doctors offices, etc.
- Contractor waste (example home painters chemicals)
- Empty containers (should be placed in recycle or trash bins)
- Smoke detectors
- Radioactive items
- Containers over 5 gallons
- Ammunition / explosives
- Light fixtures
- Ceiling fans
- Box fans
- Pool salt
- Pool filter media
- Empty gas cans
- Leaking containers
- Unidentified containers
- Dried paint (put in trash bin)
- Sharps packed improperly
- Bio waste
Paper shredding is available for Lake Dallas residents only and is not available to businesses.
Dispose of your old electonic devices at our E-Waste station. Devices can include:
- Computer Towers/Monitors
Handicapped & Senior Assistance
Senior citizens and people with disabilities can call Public Works at (940) 497-2226 extension 501 the week prior to the event to arrange for a special pick up.
For questions, contact us by email or by phone at (940) 497-2226 extension 501.