Keep Lake Dallas Beautiful (KLDB) is a proud affiliate of Keep Texas Beautiful, an organization with a mission to educate and engage Texans to take responsibility for improving their community environment through programming and education addressing 3 focus areas including:
- Litter abatement
- Waste reduction
The Adopt-a-Spot Program is part of Keep Lake Dallas Beautiful. It's a program focused on both litter abatement and beautification. Families, along with service and civic organizations, have adopted parks and stretches of roadway throughout the city accepting the goal to keep those areas beautiful and free of litter.
|River Oaks Park
|Thousand Oaks Park
||Lake Dallas High School Student Council|
|Shady Shores Road - Hundley Drive to Parkside Lane
||Boy Scout Troop 424
|Lakeview Drive at The Oaks of Lakeview
|Swisher Road - Shady Shores Road West to Rail
|Mattie and Clancy Lanes
|Butterfly Garden at City Park
||Girl Scout Troop 6218|
|Lake Dallas Drive
|Hundley Drive - Shady Shores Road to Lake Dallas Drive
|Hundley Drive - Shady Shores Road to Willow Grove Park
|Willow Grove Park
||Boy Scout Troop 208
|Shady Shores Road - Main Street to Hundley Drive
||Boys and Girls Club
|Main Street - Downtown
||Lake Cities Lion's Club
|Main Street - Duck Inn to Hickory Creek Limits
|Welcome to Lake Dallas Monument
||Three Kings Grounds Keeping
City of Lake Dallas Responsibilities
- Approve adoption of a Lake Dallas roadway or park.
- Post the Keep Lake Dallas Beautiful Adopt-a-Spot sign noting the adoptee’s name after the 2nd clean-up report has been received.
- Provide safety training and tools to organization’s group leaders.
- Remove filled trash bags from roadside and dispose of properly.
- Provide guidance and a course of action pursuant to beautification projects.
- Monitor compliance with Adopt-A-Spot program terms.
- Conduct a clean-up of the adopted area 6 times per year.
- Group supervisor must attend safety training prior to 1st clean up.
- Provide adult supervision for volunteers 15 years of age and younger.
- No mowing or painting on your spot. Planting is permitted on if it approved by City.
- Place trash bags under Adopt-A-Spot sign for collection.
- Submit a follow-up report the KLDB Staff Liaison after each clean up and include the number of volunteers present and trash bag count.
- Trash bags and safety vests are available from City Hall if requested.