Election and Candidate Information
Notice of General Election
Notice of Special Election
Charter Amendments Handout
Charter Amendments Handout - Español
The General Election for City Council will be held on Saturday, May 1, 2021 at Lake Dallas City Hall, 212 Main Street, Lake Dallas, Texas. No election for councilmembers or Mayor shall be held, except as may be required to fill a vacancy.
A candidate must:
- be a qualified voter of the City of Lake Dallas
- be at least twenty-one (21) years of age.
- be a resident of the City of Lake Dallas for at least twelve (12) months preceding the date of the election for filing an application for place on the ballot.
- Shall not, after notice of any delinquency, be in arrears in the payment of any taxes or other liabilities due the city. “In arrears” is defined herein to mean that payment has not been received within ninety (90) days from due date and has not been protested under the same provisions as provided by the Charter.
- No candidate may file in a single city election for more than one (1) office or place position as provided the Charter.
The City of Lake Dallas Mayor and Councilmember Election Schedule
2021- Councilmember Place1, Place 3 and Place 5
2022- Mayor, Councilmember Place 2 and Place 4
2023- No election unless to fill a vacancy
2024- Councilmember Place1, Place 3 and Place 5
2025- Mayor, Councilmember Place 2 and Place 4
2026- No Election unless to fill a vacancy
2027- Councilmember Place1, Place 3 and Place 5
2028- Mayor, Councilmember Place 2 and Place 4
2029- No Election unless to fill a vacancy
City Council of the City of Lake Dallas, Texas consist of a mayor and five councilmembers.
- The mayor and councilmembers shall be elected by the qualified voters of the city at large, each of whom, unless sooner removed by the provisions of this Charter, shall serve for a term of three years or until their successors have been duly elected and qualified. Each councilmember shall occupy a position on the city council, such positions being numbered as places 1 through 5.
- All members of the city council, other than the mayor, shall be elected under the place system. In May of 2015, one councilmember for place 1, one councilmember for place 3 and one councilmember for place 5 shall be elected for three-year terms. In May of 2016, the mayor, one councilmember for place 2 and one councilmember for place 4 shall be elected for three-year terms. In May of 2017, no election for councilmembers shall be held, except as may be required to fill a vacancy. The “three-three-none” (3-3-0) pattern of elections shall continue into the future.
The filing period for a place on the May 1, 2021 City of Lake Dallas General Election ballot begins Wednesday, January 13th and will continue through Friday, February 12, 2021, at 4:30 p.m. The City Secretary’s regular office hours are Monday through Friday; 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (please call to schedule an appointment to file your application 940-497-2226 ext. 102
Forms and information for the 2021 City of Lake Dallas General Election will be available in the City Secretary’s Office located at 212 Main Street, Lake Dallas, Texas at City Hall building.
For additional information, please call Codi Delcambre at 940-497-2226 ext. 102